Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats with the inconsistent pickup??

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats with the inconsistent pickup??

whats with when trying to race someone street/track, the pickup is always different, is there anyway to hit that "sweet spot" right off the line insted of waiting too like 35mph? Its great when the car downshifts itself and SCREAMS!...but is there anything i could buy or tune so that i constantly rip off the line street/track. I just hate when i try and get on it when im racing a car i know i can beat, and the car like Boggs in a way or just picks up slowly. i have a 01 ws6 A4
Old 05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by peteTA
whats with when trying to race someone street/track, the pickup is always different, is there anyway to hit that "sweet spot" right off the line insted of waiting too like 35mph? Its great when the car downshifts itself and SCREAMS!...but is there anything i could buy or tune so that i constantly rip off the line street/track. I just hate when i try and get on it when im racing a car i know i can beat, and the car like Boggs in a way or just picks up slowly. i have a 01 ws6 A4
Get a torque converter. I have no dead spots, 'cept for that one from 20 mph down, where the car blows the street tires off.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha...ur the man. And thanks 4 the advice. i figured a TC was what im missing....