Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

preferred torque arm????

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 12:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default preferred torque arm????

contemplating the idea of getting a stronger torque arm. What style is the best to go with? I'm looking at the UMI adjustable tranny tailshaft mount(stock). I have subframes and LCA's, with UMI LCA relocation brackets to be put on soon. My trans is built and i'm launching pretty hard with my 3800 stall and 3.42 rear. Would I see a noticeable decrese in 60' with a stronger unit? FWIW, I was 60'n 1.67 on my 2.73's, and now have the 3.42's and can lift the front tires very minimally. Thanks guys
Old 06-01-2006, 02:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine ( ele-blue95 ) has the UMI chassis mount, and I think it's an awesome piece. It definitely helped tame his car a lot. Now instead of boiling the tires off most of the time, it hooks most of the time. His car is a 346rwhp/355ft/lb LT1 with 3.73's and a Spec Stage 2. It hooks pretty good for him at the track without sticky tires. 1.9's are pretty regular.

My setup is the Jegster tranny-tunnel mount. I've cut tons of 1.6's on it at this point, and it hooks really well on the street. I have a hard time spinning the tires, because the car just wants to hook. I have the non-adjustable, FWIW. My setup is in sig. It may be too harsh for some people on a street-drivin car, but I've had it for a year and have no complaints.

I imagine with a good setup on the torque arm, you could see a noticable decrease in short times, as well as more repeatability. My car is so much more consistent now.

EDIT: Oh, and launching to those kind of short times, I'd go ahead and relocate the front mounting point. That's a lot of stress on the transmission tailshaft. I've seen some local guys break theirs going 11's already. Just some food for thought.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

wrong section.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
wrong section.
quite possibly no. want to see what just the automatic guys are doing right now. After I get some ideas lined up I'll narrow it down in a Suspension forum.
thanks DOUBT IT
Old 06-01-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Dont have to be a *****. My bad *******.