Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e stuck in second gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4l60e stuck in second gear

*3600 Vig stall was installed and has been working great for 10k miles. 28k *total.
*Car was dynotuned and TM was turned off, nothing else for the tranny was programmed.
*I don't get on it very often and it's mostly highway DD miles.
*Fluid is fresh and at the correct level.

Start of the problem.

TransGo shiftkit install. Was installed leaving me with 2 and 3 gears. Was redone correctly. On the test drive afterwards car worked fine and went to OD twice. On the way back to the garage, just went back to the 2 and 3 gear situation. Car was parked and turned off when the snapring popped out and started leaking fluid.

Fun fun.

Car was towed to a tranny shop. They told me that they would disassemble the tranny and call me when they found out what was wrong. After not being called when they said they would I called them and they told me they did a full race rebuild and if I didn't pay them, they'd disassemble the tranny put the tranny and stock parts in a box toss it in the back of the car and I could tow it away--after paying them for the labor...

Awesome. Great.

Paid the two g's because I'm sick of not having the car. Drive off to my friends house on backroads. Take it on the highway and there is no OD. Then, lost first unless I manually put it in and even then it would start going in first and pull hard then stall-pull-stall-pull. Otherwise it would just go into second. Second is not locked so if I ran it up to 75mph, and let off the gas, with the converter, the rpms will just drop down to idle speed and the car will effectively act like its in neutral and coast for a long time slowly decreasing speed.

Car is now back to the trannyshop that failed the first time and extorted me. It's under waranty.....

Sounds like an electrical problem right? Which is what I told them in the first place. One of the fuses had blown out and was replaced, reset the PCM and it did nothing. Both plugs are in the tranny. Correctly.

This is the biggest damn pain in the *** I have ever had.

Okay tranny guru's, think you may be able to help me out?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh, by the way, 2nd is running REALLY strong now for some reason.

Quick Reply: 4l60e stuck in second gear