Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans took a dump.

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 03:09 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans took a dump.

so tonight i got into it with a c5 a little and then my trans took a complete dump. i mashed down the gas from a slow roll (the light had just turned green) and it just flew by the red line. so i let off the gas quite a bit and it still didnt shift. i pulled over hoping that it was just a fluke but it turns out i completly lost second gear in D, but not in 2 (which i thought was weird) so i crawled it to my buddies house in 2 and its still chillin there. any idea whats wrong? i dont know much about transmissions so if anyone has had this happen to them that can help it would be greatly appreciated. o yeah...before this happened it wouldnt shift at WOT on the freeway. it sucked even harder cause i was actaully beating the guy and he had his girl in the car.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a similar issue with my trans 2 days ago, except it was with 3rd gear. The trans now slips into 3rd gear if i manually shift it and partially slips into 3rd if i have the car in D. Yet, when i just leave it in over drive everything shifts fine. I don't know a whole lot about transmissions, but if someone can shine some light on either of our problems here that would great.