Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Vince, do you recommend these servos for general use,
street cars? Are they useful in extending trans life at
lower power levels or just needed for big output? Where
do they become worthwhile? Stock, bolt-ons, H/C, power
adder type levels?

If they are worthwhile for low-mods cars do you have a
"everything that goes in that hole, do it once" kit?
+1. can i just swap my 2 stock servos out for the 2 sonnax servos and experience a stronger shift like adding a shift kit all while extending the life of my transmission? because it would be cool to get some of the effects of a shift kit (firmer shifts while extending transmission life) without ripping open the valve body and adding a shift kit.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Well my first response would be tuning but it sounds like you are past that. It sounds like the 3-4 clutch is starting to go. What I would do to confirm this is look at the trans data when it's tagging the RL or just before. If the computer is telling the trans to shift and it is not it could be a few things. Sticky valves,flooded solenoid,burnt 3-4 clutch,cross leaks,etc. What is the condition of the oil? The first to do is to look at to look at the trans data. Vince

i changed the entire valve body solenoids and all. the fluid is clean and doesn't smell burnt this condition has been present since first rebuild. i had a transgo hd2 installed, but was removed to see if the valve body had a sticking valve. where would i start looking for cross leaks? appreciate your help. is there a possibility the cross leaks are in my servo?
Old 10-03-2006, 07:59 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you are referring to the sonnax servo's the answer has to be yes. The second servo has seals everywhere to seal up all possiable leaks. I really like it. The vette servo is great for all applications with the seals that we use. The sonnax has more holding power and also sealing power as I stated. I think it's great for the guy that wants the best he can have and is looking at a billtet style servo. I do think that they are fine for most all applications. We do stock them as "everything that goes into the hole kit."LOL The only thing that you might to do is adjust the pin length for proper band adjustment. Vince.

Originally Posted by jimmyblue
Vince, do you recommend these servos for general use,
street cars? Are they useful in extending trans life at
lower power levels or just needed for big output? Where
do they become worthwhile? Stock, bolt-ons, H/C, power
adder type levels?

If they are worthwhile for low-mods cars do you have a
"everything that goes in that hole, do it once" kit?
Old 10-03-2006, 08:19 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
+1. can i just swap my 2 stock servos out for the 2 sonnax servos and experience a stronger shift like adding a shift kit all while extending the life of my transmission? because it would be cool to get some of the effects of a shift kit (firmer shifts while extending transmission life) without ripping open the valve body and adding a shift kit.
The Sonnax 4L60/4L60-E 2nd Gear “Super Hold” Servo has 18% more apply area than the “Corvette” servo (largest OEM) and maximizes holding power in 2nd gear with more positive 1-2 and 2-3 shifts. Dual seals on the 2nd gear piston and separator ensure positive band apply/release and eliminate cross leaks, which contribute to 2-4 band and 3-4 clutch failure. This servo is the perfect option when more holding power is desired without causing excessively harsh upshifts and downshifts. The included apply pin is longer than the longest OE pin, and has added seals to reduce leakage of 3rd and 4th gear oil pressure. For the ultimate servo combination in your 4L60/4L60-E, Sonnax recommends using the 4th Gear “Super Hold” Servo with the 2nd Gear “Super Hold” servo.
  • 18% more apply area than OEM Corvette servo
  • Dual seals on 2nd gear servo piston, separator piston and between
  • O-ring seat between 2nd gear piston and servo pin
  • Two seal rings between case and servo pin
  • Servo piston and separator pistons are made from 6061-T6 aluminum
  • Servo pine is made from Chrome-moly steel
  • Kit includes all necessary seals
Vehicles with a 4L60 (700-R4) or 4L60-E transmission often exhibit poor 3-4 shift quality and experience band failure in performance applications. The Sonnax "Super Hold" 4th Gear Servo features 40% more apply surface area for greater holding power.
  • Affects 4th gear only
  • Can be used with OEM, Corvette or Sonnax performance 2nd gear servo assemblies
  • Easy to install: Transmission removal is not required

This info is directly from sonnax. These servo's as a combo have been tested since 06/05 with great results thus far in our units. I hope this info answers your question. Vince
Old 10-03-2006, 08:27 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WeeWolf
i changed the entire valve body solenoids and all. the fluid is clean and doesn't smell burnt this condition has been present since first rebuild. i had a transgo hd2 installed, but was removed to see if the valve body had a sticking valve. where would i start looking for cross leaks? appreciate your help. is there a possibility the cross leaks are in my servo?
It is a possibility that you could have a cross leak there but I would be looking more at the pump, stator,input drum and so on. As I stated in an above post you need to see what the computer is telling the trans first. If the command is there for the 2-3 shift then we move onto the trans. Who built this trans for you? Maybe time for a different builder. Vince.
Old 10-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just swapped to the jet servo for the 1-2 shift and i do feel a better grab compared to the sorry stock one ... they say its supposed to be better than the vette servo but yeah the sonnax servos goin in next with a shift kit prob transgo stage 2 or full manual
Old 10-05-2006, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by killacam2400
i just swapped to the jet servo for the 1-2 shift and i do feel a better grab compared to the sorry stock one ... they say its supposed to be better than the vette servo but yeah the sonnax servos goin in next with a shift kit prob transgo stage 2 or full manual
We will see about them servos im picking up the car today hopefully it will last this time.

Quick Reply: Corvette Servo's