Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e tranny cooler

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 12:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e tranny cooler

I am trying to fix my a4 for the last time. I swear if it goes out again T-56 here I come.

When mounting the cooler, I am going to bypass the Radiator cooler and hook it up directly to the B&M.

Should I mont it hrizontal or vertical. I see many people putting it horizontal across the opening where air flows to the condenser. Correct me if I am wrong but that is "dope Style" correct?? The only problem I see with that is that it seems as if the air would be hitting the top of the cooler and going around it, but not through it. I was thinking about mounting it vertically instead.

Does anyone know which way will cool better based on actual trans temps?

Also on a side note. If I got a Transgo shift kit, billet servo, B&M 24k cooler and Raybestos Z-pack 3-4 clutches, is there anything else I can do to make SURE my 4l60e will last more than 1k MILES? I am getting sick and tired of fooling with it. ANY..I repeat A N Y suggestions of how to build this stronger to keep my 3-4 from going out PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know. Obviously the words of a desperate man.

Thank you for any and all of your help.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the cooler is a great idea, its not exactly going to do the job of the hardware in the tranny itself but it will help out alot..... https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/584808-corvette-servo-s.html
theres a little more info in that thread you can read up on
Old 10-04-2006, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I have a factory installed trans cooler on my truck. I'll look in the morning but I though it hooked in line with the raditor cooler.