Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drive Shaft

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Drive Shaft

ok, i'm in the middle of doing some work on the car(cam, heads, trans swap). i'm putting in a 6" th350. from the ruff measurements that i made, the th350 is 2" shorter than the 4l60e that i had. so in turn i know i'm going to need a longer driveshaft. but does anyone know if GM used a longer one that would work on any of their other RWD cars? i'm kinda strapped for money right now or i would just order a custom one. but any help would be appreciated.

matt
Old 10-07-2006, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the driveshafts are pretty short in these cars, and theyre arent many others that have driveshafts that short. i think your going to need one around 46 inches from the center of u-joints. Id say your best bet is to get a longer one from the junk yard, then have it shortened and balanced. Its only like 50-100 bucks to get the work done on them. hope this helps!
Old 10-07-2006, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i measured my stock one and its 40.75 from center to center u-joint. i skimmed through some rustang forums(damn i need to be shot) and they are all about 1 in to long. so i'm wondering if maybe ford or even dodge used one that is close in size. i figured i'm going to have to find a longer one and get it shortened. shouldnt cost that much but i was just checkin to see if there was one in use already that would bolt in. thanks.