Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vig stall converters

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 07:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vig stall converters

I purchased a used vig converter. When I pulled it out of the box I shook it and the insides moved around. It is the whole inside that moves around. My question: is this normal? The person that sold it to me told me that it had less than a dozen passes on it and less the 500 miles. Basically described as a like new converter. Fluid looks nice and bright red, but doesn't smell like new fluid. I know what my gut feeling is on this, but would like some other experience. I'd rather not send it in, but think it'll be a good idea. Is there a place that does analysis for tranny fluid. I'd like to send a sample in to get checked out.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:44 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It is normal for the inturnals of the tc to move around a little while out of the transmission. Once installed the input shaft and stator will keep things where they belong. If the fluid is nice and red you should be ok. If you have a doubt on the tc call and talk to Vicki at PI tell her Finish Line sent you. Vince
Old 10-10-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
It is normal for the inturnals of the tc to move around a little while out of the transmission. Once installed the input shaft and stator will keep things where they belong. If the fluid is nice and red you should be ok. If you have a doubt on the tc call and talk to Vicki at PI tell her Finish Line sent you. Vince

Thanks Vince.

I put a Vig 2800 in a friends car about 1 1/2 years ago. Didn't remember if there was any movement in the converter, I was more interested in getting it lined up on the pump. I'll give Vicki a call tomarrow.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a used Vig 3200 and I ran it for over almost two years without a problem.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

The only reason that I'm asking is it will be going in a new tranny that I will be building. I am new to tearing down a tranny, but will have 30 yrs experience behind me if I have any questions.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the same thing when my Vigilante 3800 got here, I bought it brand new, but its normal