Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L80E tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4L80E tuning

Hey guys, I've been playing with the tune in my 2002 Silverado 2500HD LQ4/4WD...mostly tranny tuning.

I'm curious what some of you are running for max line pressures on stock 80E's of this vintage as well as how agressive you've gone with torque management and shift time...it's a stock engine, and I've seen 80E's put up to some SERIOUS abuse without mechanical work. I've currently got it shifting pretty nicely...but I'm not sure that the torque management is gone (I did everything I could in TunerCat...but there's probably something I don't know about).

I don't want to go too crazy on power tuning with the engine because I use it to tow a lot...so I want it to be able to handle high load for large periods of time without trouble (something that leaning it out and adding spark to it won't help)...but I want the normal mode tranny tables to be more fun to drive and the tow haul mode stuff to be setup to just help the tranny live and make it nice to pull on the highway.

Any advice is appreciated. I'm not looking to copy anyones tunes...just curious where I should set some limits, and then tune inside of them to make it taylored to me.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:30 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PM sent.