Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60E Trans Question - Is It Dying?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4L60E Trans Question - Is It Dying?

I have a 1994 LT-1 / 4L60E in a light muscle car. Motor's built with HCI. Total mileage before and after HCI is probably about 60 to 70K. First to second shift is becoming progressively worst. At part to full throttle it's like a CVT. Last time I checked the fluid (which was a while ago) it looked ok. I thought for a while that it was from lack of use (the car doesn't get driven much) but I'm starting to wonder if it's going. It's been doing it for a while but it's getting worse. It's got decent horsepower in front of it and yeah, when I take it out It's driven hard. Any advice other than a rebuild? I don't even think I'd be able to get it out unless I pull the motor. I don't think it will come out the bottom. At part to full throttle it just acts like it wants to slide into second so slowly that you can barely tell the RPMS have changed.....

Comments???

The ECM was reprogrammed but nothing for the trans...just HCI....
Old 10-15-2006, 07:55 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

well if the pans clean you might try servicing it and changing the pcs(peasure control solinoid ),If thats dosent help you are looking at a rebuild most likley
performabuilt

Call 888-744-6542