Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bang Shift

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bang Shift

What would cause my tranny to all of a sudden start bang shifting into second gear ? I mean I first noticed it while slowly pulling away from a light when it shifted kind of suddenly and jerkrd into second. So at the next light I pulled away a little harder and "bang" left rubber. Pulled away full throttle and it got side ways shifting into second. All the other gears shift normally,and if I just pull away under light throttle it will just slightly jerk going into second. Whats going on? I have a stock everything with just a lid and magna-flow with 3.23 gears & a B&M cooler. ANYBODY !
Old 10-29-2006, 11:39 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

I saw your email in my box earlier , there are two possibilites , you could have a broken accumulator spring , or more likley and very common the check ball in the plate at the second orifice has pushed through the plate ,Its not a serious problem the accumulator is as easy as pulling the pan and accumulator and replacing the spring , If its the ball in the vb thats bit more difficult though still not serious,You would have to pull the valve body for that, If its the case your transmission has in way created its own shift kit , since you said light throttle shifts just bump im pretty sure the ball though the plate is what it will most likley be I have seen it in many cores

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-30-2006, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bang Shift

Thanks, when & if it ever goes out I will give you a call. How much for a nice blueprinted heavy duty replacement exchange trans? And, do you recommend flushing plus new filter? what about GM's new DEXTRON 6 trans fluid?
jim