Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How cold is too cold?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How cold is too cold?

Well, this weekend I will be back at home and the PBA modified Trans-go shift kit is going in with the help of my dad. I also have the 24000 supercooler ready to go on mounted dope style as well. My question is with the Indiana winter coming up no outside temps over 60 anymore should I just leave it off until next spring when I put a stall on it? I don't want to shock the trans with fluid that is too cold, and the cooler probably isn't a necessity with just a shift kit on my 75K mile trans. The old man seems to think that that would be my best bet and I trust his opinion since he knows more about things on wheels than I could hope to ever know but I wanted to hear some other opinions.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even on some of the colder days we've had here in Arkansas over the last couple weeks, my temp has gotten plenty hot on WOT bursts. I'd say stick the cooler in there. It will take forever to warm up, but stop and go traffic and WOT will heat it up real quick. It's like the engine, it still reaches temp regardless of the temp outside.