Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Z28 Transmission compatibility need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 08:59 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 94 Z28 Transmission compatibility need help

Hey guys. I just picked up a 94 Z dirt cheap because second gear is gone in the trans. It is an automatic. (a 4L60E i believe) Ive only dealt with M6 F-bodies in the past and dont know too much about the autos they put in these cars. Would the trans out of any year camaro or trans am work? Are the 6 cyl transmissions the same? I thought i read somewhere on this forum that 95 (?) and up were different. (cant find the thread now...or maybe im just imagining its existance) Ive had problems finding a trans out of a 94, and dont want to spend $$$ on a later one if it won't work. Any advice or info on what would work that you guys could share would be greatly appreciated. Also, if any one within a few hours of Chicago has one they want to get rid of, let me know! Thanks. -Matt
Old 12-27-2006, 09:11 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The 94 is unique and as long as the car does not require a PRNDLE switch be located at the shift linkage you can also use a 93 out of a truck if you cut the ears off the case .
The later models can be adapted to work by disabling the PWM function through 97 though you would need to use the early solenoids from the 94 and leave the pwm solenoid there but unhooked , I can send you information if you go that route on how to disable the PWM so it will work ,
Personally though I would just consider our level 1 trans listed on our site which will allready be set up for you application which would be your best bet since used 4l60e trans are generally not a real good idea, Give me a call or PM ect if I can help in any way ,
thanks

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: 94 Z28 Transmission compatibility need help