Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trans or rev limiter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 06:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation trans or rev limiter?

whats going on fellas... i have a ? not sure if this is the right forum but ill give it a shot. my apologies if its not... i have an 02 TA with just a few mods on her... Loudmouth, hypertech, K&N, 160 thermo and some dress up stuff... my ? is not that i have put the exhaust and the hypertech together when i go WOT and wind it up real high it seems like its hitting the rev limiter, at least thats what it sounds like, gets up close to redline and bounces, wont shift to next gear... about 80 this the rev limiter or the tranny slipping? im new to LS1's and not quite sure... if it is the rev limiter any suggestions about what to set it at to avoid this problem? Also... any shift point adjustments?? not too keen on this kinda stuff, you input is welcomed. it really sucks now that my car has a little extra *** and i can get to it all. thanks in advance, i know someone out there will know
Old 01-07-2007, 07:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well you need to fist determine if the shift is being comanded and just not happening that would indicate a transmission problem . This can be determined with a scanner and most programers

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-08-2007, 09:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it shifts fine with normal driving and under moderate acceleration... if it were the trans wouldnt it give some sort of sign at other rmp or throttle positions?