Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P0757

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default P0757

Okay, I am not stupid and pretty much understand what this means, the problem is that I am not really noticing any problems. Namely I do have all my gears working and other than over heating the TC going up some mountain passes, resulting in the TC getting looser (went back to normal after cooling down), I havn't noticed any ill effects on the Tranny.

Should I look for any particular signs of trouble with this SES?

I am pretty much going to baby the 4L60E from now until I get back to the US to get it built.

So with that said what I am asking is the following:

1) What signs of trouble usually follow the P0757 SES?
2) How much does it cost to have the existing 4L60E built (including labor)?

Thanks guys.

Lets see if the local OPEL dealer will warrant the tranny when I bring it in.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:54 PM
10 Second Club

Okay, Now I think I might not really have a problem. Can anyone confirm that it could just be the converter confusing the PCM resulting in this code or could it be this:

Check the TSB's: http://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16555
DTC P0757 Set, SES Lamp Illuminated, Poor Performance of Transmission, Transmission Slipping (Clean Transmission Valve Body and Case Oil Passages of Debris) #01-07-30-038B - (Jan 26, 2004)
DTC P0757 Set, SES Lamp Illuminated, Poor Performance of Transmission, Transmission Slipping (Clean Transmission Valve Body and Case Oil Passages of Debris)

with 4L60-E/4L65-E Automatic Transmission (RPOs M30/M32)

Condition
Some customers may comment on any of the following conditions:

The SES lamp is illuminated.
No 3rd and 4th gear.
The transmission does not shift correctly.
The transmission feels like it shifts to Neutral or a loss of drive occurs.
The vehicle free wheels above 48 km/h (30 mph). High RPM needed to overcome the free wheeling.

Cause
The most likely cause is chips or debris plugging the bleed orifice of the 2-3 shift solenoid. This will cause the transmission to stay in 2nd gear when 3rd gear is commanded and return to 1st gear when 4th gear is commanded.

DTC P0757 may also be set if the 2-3 shift valve or 2-3 shuttle valve were stuck, restricted and/or hung-up in its bore.

Correction
Inspect / Clean the 2-3 shift valve, the 2-3 shuttle valve and the valve bore of debris / metal chips.
Inspect / Clean the 2-3 shift solenoid opening of debris / metal chips. While inspecting the 2-3 shift solenoid, look for a screen over the solenoid opening. If the solenoid DOES NOT have a screen, replace the solenoid with P/N 10478131 that does have a screen over the solenoid opening.
Refer to the appropriate Service Manual for additional diagnostic information and service procedures.

Parts Information
Part Number
Description
Qty

Valve, 2-3 Shift Solenoid

Parts are currently available from GMSPO.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

well this is determined by engine rpm verses speed if every thing is working I would check the tune and ajust accordingly but if not I would replace solenoids

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-19-2007, 07:21 PM
On The Tree

Ok guys, now my car does this too, same exact symptoms. The dealer tech thinks its the 3-4 (might be 2-3 cant remember which)clutch pack. He needs to open the trans up and see.
I'm debating just having them install the solenoid to see what that does ($274).What do you guys think?

Thanks Chris

Last edited by Stab & Steer SS; 01-20-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:49 AM
On The Tree

ttt Anyone have anymore input on this? I have to make a decision today.

Chris
Old 01-20-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stab & Steer SS
Ok guys, now my car does this too, same exact symptoms. The dealer tech thinks its the 3-4 (might be 2-3 cant remember which)clutch pack. He needs to open the trans up and see.
I'm debating just having them install the solenoid to see what that does ($274).What do you guys think?

Thanks Chris
The solenoids for both shouldnt be more than $60 i think just drop your pan and change them out yourself. Theres 2 of them at the assend of the pan twards the *** end of the car they should just come right out and plug the new ones in
Old 01-20-2007, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
The solenoids for both shouldnt be more than $60 i think just drop your pan and change them out yourself. Theres 2 of them at the assend of the pan twards the *** end of the car they should just come right out and plug the new ones in

Thanks,I know i could do it but i have neither the facilities or time to do stuff like this anymore.