Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shifting Problem. Help needed.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifting Problem. Help needed.

Ok guys I have a problem with my tranny and I need some help. Ok I have a 4L65E in my Z28. Friday night I ran into some trouble ive never had before. I went to the track and on the 1-2 Shift its getting up on the rev limiter. Its not slipping at all. Its pulling hard up until its suppost to shift but then it gets up on the rev limiter.Its never done this before. The trans temp is not hot at all either.Is it possible that I might have 1-2 shift solenoid going bad?? Like I said its not slipping at all and on the street it makes the shifts just fine, but at the track its getting up on the limiter. I was on the drag radials on street and track and it acted right on the street but at the track it was getting up on the rev limiter everytime I tried adjust WOT Shift speeds with no effect. I tried recalibrating the PCM for 275/60/15s and no effect. Does anyone have ANY ideas as to what could be happening? I was going to changed fluid/filter and both solenoids and go from there but like I said on the street its just fine and drives just fine. Any ideas are appreciated.