Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need faster response from trans

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need faster response from trans

hey ok so right now my tranny is stock, i hate it when i put in first gear and drive off or 2nd or D rather than OD...and lets say for instance rolling start in 1, then get on it a bit, put it in 2, and its like a couple seconds b4 it shifts, or lets say im cruising and im go down into D to make a pass or something, then i put it in OD it seems like theres a delay..would a shift kit improve response time to change the gear when i want it to rather than accel a bit more then it change???

in my '98 z i had, i had put a trans go in it, thinkin it woud help but it just helple with the shift firmness...not my reponse to changing the gear when i wanted.....
Old 03-31-2007, 05:51 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

A shift kit will only quicken the shift when it happens but will not change when it happens, The PCM is still in control. Though you can make the trans hold a gea down longer manual when you upshift the PCM still decides when that will happen and only if the RPM and Speed along with Throttle position are correct for that shift to occur.
The only way to get and instantanious up shift at any speed or RPM like I think your looking for would be to convert to a full manual valve body,
Though if you like driving and shifting manually most of the time then you might try lowering the auto shift points this might get you closer to the way you want it to act during a manual shift. But at a sacrafice of WOT OPTIMUM SHIFT points in the OD position,

Call 888-744-6542

Old 03-31-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

you have to modify the shift time table to make it more responsive to you chaning the gears...
Old 04-01-2007, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

use th superior shift kit...and if you want 3rd gear to be faster take out the #7 check balland capsule located behind the servo and install a cup plug in the bore the best plug for it is a park pawl plug out of a 41te chrylsler tranny it fits perfectly make sure to push the plug to the top of the case it makes 3rd snap shift....the best wat to get the capsule out os to take a bolt and drive it into the capsule and screw it in until the capsule rotates and then take a slide hammer and jerk it out.....you will ove the way 3rd shifts with this mod