Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans Cooler

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans Cooler

I have a B&M part #70264. Is theis the one everyone else is using?? It has the largest thickness of the other ones I've seen. It says 14,400 BTU is this sufficient enough for a 4000 stall?? Just curious.

here is a link to what I have..
http://www.autoanything.com/coolers/65A3046A0A0.aspx

Just curious because I know everyone says it is the 24,000 lb rated cooler, but I don't see that anywhere. Thanks
Old 04-04-2007, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Yes, that's the part # for the 24,000 gvw cooler, I checked Speed Inc. site just to make sure.... here is the link if you care to look as well http://www.ls1speed.com/catagory.cfm...y=Transmission

That cooler will be fine for a 4k stall
Old 04-04-2007, 06:56 PM
On The Tree

Thanks man! I really like the way B&m makes that model. Very strong. I was thinking of getting a tranny temp guage, just to keep an eye on it, but I have a hard top and I cannot find a double or triple pillar guage pod for a hard top, so I would have no freaking clue where to mount the guage without ruining some part of my interior. Any suggestions??
Old 04-04-2007, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SouthernSilverSpeed
Thanks man! I really like the way B&m makes that model. Very strong. I was thinking of getting a tranny temp guage, just to keep an eye on it, but I have a hard top and I cannot find a double or triple pillar guage pod for a hard top, so I would have no freaking clue where to mount the guage without ruining some part of my interior. Any suggestions??
any time man, if you had a hardtop T/A or formula, I would say put it in one of the round A/C, heat vents. but you have a Camaro. I think I have seen Camaros with a gauge to the left of the cigarette lighter in the center console, I think there is a blank space there, I'm not sure.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Launching!

I have mine where the radio used to be but alot of people put them inside the vents on camaros, It just has to be a little smaller of a gauge. if you dont use oyur cup holder you could hide a gauge either under it a slip out the cup holder to check or leave the holde rout but then you would have to turn kind of far, the vent is pritty nice though.