Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket shifter for 4l60

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 12:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Aftermarket shifter for 4l60

I saw a thread some time ago asking if there was an aftermarket shifter for a 4l60 tranny. Just to readdress this topic we hooked a Hurst V-matic 2 dual-gate to my Performabulit 4l60e tranny with little mods. The shifter is made for a 700R4 but Hurst people stated it wouldn't work with my new tranny. Used a B&M on my 700R4 prior to the switch and didn't want to use it again, too loose, safety switch would occasionally fail, loose electrical connections, and just street use fractured one of the braces. Hurst much heavier structually. Compushift kit will allow manual override. I'll keep this updated when we put it on the pavement for the real test.

Last edited by ss dave; 04-26-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics?

I followed a thread a while ago that stated that a vendor was working on a direct replacement shifter for the 4L60E fbodies, but I lost track of it.
I think everyone who has put aftermarket shifters in their car has had to fabricate. Some look good, and others not so much...I'd really like to get rid of the stocker, if not for function, just for looks...