Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tractor fluid results

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 10:36 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default tractor fluid results

there was a thread a month or so ago about using trans fluid to make slight adjustsments to stall speed. most have never heard of it but it seems to be a common thing on some of the big turbo sites like the gn and turbo stang sites.

we gave it a try on our turbo 5.3 fairmont project. i am waiting for the dyno charts to be emailed to me and will add them when they show but i can give some results now.

hp and tq didn't change enough to be sure of any effect.

stall speed apeared to be the same. the stall we have is too loose and goes right to 5200rpm running 18psi and with changing out the trans fluid in the turbo 400 from type f to tractor fluid the stall speed still apears to be still about 5200.

after the converter started to grab it did apear to pick up some mph at the same rpms. would this be considered more efficient? from memory it was running about 5mph higher at the same rpm. so far we have only ran 1/8's and are at 5700 in the traps so we were worried about running a full 1/4. with the converter being tighter up top it looks like we wont have to take it much over 6000rpm to finish out the 1/4.

i may have to correct myself on the details when i get to look at the charts closer. i will post them up when i get em.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be interested to see the results...
Old 05-22-2007, 06:42 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ok, i take it all back. the dyno runs prety much show nothing. there is a 3-4mph diference at the tractor fluid run vs the type f run but at the same time we are down about 10hp and .5psi of boost.

if there is a diference it is too small to be conclusive