Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

turbo 350 ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default turbo 350 ???

ok i have a good one. my has a chevy 350 and has a pontiac transmission . which the bolt pattern is different and he bought a adapter plate. now he is telling me that transmission shaft is not long enough. my question is .is the torque converter slpioned all the way . and he says that the truck vibrates and it is not right. he seems to think that the spacer is making the all of the problem . i need to know if there is something to fix the problem .
Old 07-04-2007, 06:02 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The converter would need to be spaced the same distance from the engine that the plate is thick... How thick is that spacer plate.

It is highly possible that the adapter plate is the culprit if the converter spacing was not taken into consideration during installation.

g
Old 07-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Teching In

yeah i believe the torque is not spaced. my question which might be a dumb one . but here goes do i put spacers between the fywheel and torque converter?if it was my car i know what i would have done , bought the right transmission . but thats kids for ya. dont listen.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ithappens
yeah i believe the torque is not spaced. my question which might be a dumb one . but here goes do i put spacers between the fywheel and torque converter?if it was my car i know what i would have done , bought the right transmission . but thats kids for ya. dont listen.

Yes, you will need the spacers between the TC and flywheel. Like Ratched said, make the spacers the same thickness as the adapter plate.