Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z-pack????

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Z-pack????

Were can I get a Z-pack kit for the 3/4 clutches?
Old 07-05-2007, 02:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

You might call around trans supply houses and ask some one may have one laying around, But presently Raybestos is not making any and they are on national back order.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-05-2007, 08:39 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kinda makes you wonder if they are having problems with them. I personally have removed quite a few due to them being smoked and also we do not use them. The couple that I have seen that were still usable the friction material was wearing very thin on the first couple plates and also the last couple plates. I think that they might be having some dragging issues with all that friction material in that clutch pack. Before they came out I did some product testing on this product. I personally did not feel that it was a better solution than what I was already using. Also I was told directly from a rep of Raybestos that it was designed for towing and heavy duty application use not racing. The idea was that the clutch pack would stay applied in 3rd and 4th gear in a 4l60e. In a street car that is shifting between 3rd to 2nd and then back to third, it might not be able to take the heat of constant up and downshifts. There are a lot plates with friction material in that pack that in my opinion just do not have enough steel thickness to aid in dissipating the heat. Just an observation. I feel that the high energy Borgs work just fine. We do offer an eight pack setup if you can not find what you are looking for or change your mind. I know there are guy's out there that swear by them but not this one. Good luck in your search. Vince
Old 07-05-2007, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got them put into my tranny during its build....work fine so far
Old 07-06-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i havnt had any problems in the ones i have used i have had the alto race pack come apart on me before