Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any ideas?

after i had my computer program installed the car started wrapping up to 6500rpms before shifting. this also causes it to tach-out during the 2nd to 3rd shift. it hits off the rev limiter twice usually. the guy who programmed the computer says he didn't mess with the shifts points at all. my question is do i need to get someone in there and adjust them or is there a mechanical aspect that could be causing it? also if i had them adjusted what do you guys recommend they are set at? thanks for the help.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well obviously if it shifted before the reprogram but not after then tuning is the likley issue. what I have noted and dont get me wrong I lay no claim to being a tuner but from observation that many times the tuner even though they may not mess with the transmission specific tables do not realize that the engine settings and tables are intertwined. When you make changes in the engine tune it can affect the trans tuning indirectly and cause these table to need reajusting also. I would try lowering the shift points and then see what happens.

Call 888-744-6542