Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yet another 4L60E potential problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet another 4L60E potential problem

something that just started yesterday. It seems like 2nd gear is just acting weird now, it almost seems like the car is struggling to go up the RPM range one it hits 3k RPMs and then is slow to shift. It doesn't do it all the time, but it has done it a few times today. Every other gear shifts perfectly fine no matter how hard I'm punching it, but second only when I'm just cruising starts to feel like it's gonna die, if I give it more throttle it kicks in fine. Is it a driver mod or is there seriously a possible problem with the transmission. It's already been rebuilt not too long ago too.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:04 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well from the description of the symptoms it is difficult to say. If the condition is related to 2nd only it is possible that the band is slipping. Forward could be slipping, but I doubt it as it appers to be ok in other forward gears.

What is the fluid condition?

Have you had it scanned?

g
Old 07-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, it's only 2nd, all other gears are fine. I checked the fluid yesterday and it was fine, level was good, and I just changed it along with the filter when I installed the stall about 2 months ago.