Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!!!!!

Well guys something feels loose in my driveline .....it actually feels like my drive shaft is sliding out of the Tail housing just a bit....i looked under it a couple of days ago and i can see that there is about a inch of nice shiny metal around the output shaft (think thats what its called).....im almost positive that its not the U-Joints......there is no audible clunk or anything it just feels like something is shifting in the rear direction????i dont know if the rear axel is actually shifting a bit but if anybody has any ideas on this let me know!!!!!! Its a 2000 ws6 with A4, has about 89000 miles .....i know a lot of u guys on here have some valuable knowledge so please HELP
Old 07-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How much is the DS sliding out? I know mine does not slide all the way in. It has some play for it to go slide foward and back.
Old 07-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it looks like it is sliding about a inch and a half.....it is very noticible when u drive it.....especially under WOT it almost feels like the rear axel is moving....man i got no idea...if ya want you can come drive it to see what im talkin about