Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e Woes please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e Woes please help!!

I thought I would ask you guys what you think might be the problem with the trans in my car. Its a 1994 chevy caprice 9c1, the guys on the impalass forum keep telling me that its the 3-4 clutches, and thats it, but I dont think so because the trans worked in the camaro that it was in before i had it. Well here is the story. Awhile back is when the problem started few weeks after I got the car. It was doing a 1st to 2nd, then when its ready to go to 3rd it just would go down into first. Does not have 3rd or 4th. I took it to a local trans shop to get it checked out and they said i knocked a couple teeth off of the 3-4 clutch pack and thats why i did it and it was not anything electronic. So i got a used trans with 80,000 on it and a new converter. Got it put in and it still does the same exact thing. Put a new tps and vss in it and still the same. It keeps popping the fuse that controls the trans when i start it, but if i change the fuse when it is running it does not pop it but does not make any difference. Does anyone know what could be the problem? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Trent
Old 07-20-2007, 07:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

well if your blowing fuses you do have some electrical problem however that does not mean you dont have a trans issue . To determine if the 3-4 clutch is in tact unplug the harness from trans, Then drive car should start and stay in thrid gears if the 3-4 clutch is ok , If it is gone the car will still start in first gear as if the trans was not unpluged

Call 888-744-6542

Old 07-21-2007, 03:23 AM

I will have to try that and see how it goes. Do I just dissconect the main harness or the vss too?
Old 07-21-2007, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The Main Harness