Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

reset pcm now having problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reset pcm now having problems

I tried the search function but couldnt find any answers. here is the story i installed some new bosch 13111's because i was throwing a random misfire code and a 1133 mfr air fuel metering code. so after the install and several test drives i unplugged the battery and took out the pcm fuse to reset the computer to turn the ses light off. well now the car is shifting hard and the converter will not lock up and i am throwing a 1870 code. the car has done this same thing before but after about a week of driving it just fixed itself one day. i dont plan on getting that lucky twice lol. so my question is why would resetting the pcm cause these trans problems. thanks for any help
Old 08-06-2007, 11:53 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Resetting the PCM in and of iself would not set that code , That code by definition is componet slipping ,It will set high line and cause harsh shifts. Its generally associated with torque converter clutch slipping , Which in simple terms means the PCM did comand lockup but there was excessive slip detected. Possibile causes are .
1-bad PWM solenoid or TCC regulator valve worn in valve body.
2-Bad tcc solenoid leaking
3-Bad torque converter clutch
4- Hard or cut seals on the input shaft for the TCC
5-Worn pump stator
I have placed these in the most likley order. I would try the PWM solenoid first and or the TCC regulator valve or replace valve body,
Hope this helps

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Teching In

sorry for the noob question but what is the the pwm solenoid and the tcc regulator valve? also i have heard that a bad maf can cause lock up issues, will this also trigger the higher line pressure that is causing my hard shifts? i took it out and looked at it and it looks like one of the elements is slightly discolored or corroded. im going to try to clean it to see if it helps.

Last edited by xterminator; 08-07-2007 at 09:36 AM. Reason: maf question
Old 08-07-2007, 10:40 PM
Teching In

i had my codes cleared at autozone today to see if it would let the converter lock up but it didnt. i forgot to mention that about 2 months ago i had a line blow off the trans cooler while i was on the interstate and dumped all the fluid out of the trans. after i refilled it i had the same problem im having now but it just fixed itself one day. i wonder if the pump is on its way out?