Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

not shifting into 2nd at wot

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 04:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default not shifting into 2nd at wot

i just went to the track this weekend, the only change from the last time is the converter, went to a yank 3600 from a vig 3200.

now the car won't shift into 2nd at the track, on the street under normal driving and even wot, it shifts

i logged a run with datamaster and noticed that the vehicle speed is stuck at 4 mph after launching and datamaster shows error 72 output speed loss once it hits the rev limiter. once i lift, the trans will shift into 3rd and feel like its slipping until its restarted again, then it feels normal again.

the trans is fairly new and shifts hard around the city.

this is in a lt1 car, running a obdi computer.

any idea???? cause i'm stuck.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like you may be hitting what some people call stall wall. The PCM becomes confused. But the loss of vss is and issue too that will need to be looked into , I have heard of a few people having this issue in various forums but no real fix has been posted I have found so if you get and answer post up.
Tuning should be looked at first .

Call 888-744-6542

Old 08-27-2007, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've tried lowering shift points, thought that maybe since this converter is bigger, maybe its gaining more rpm during the shift, but that was before the log was taken. also tried adding fluid. so far nothing has worked, i did put in a new sensor, but the old one didn't look damanged.