Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how does this plan sound?

Old 09-20-2007, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how does this plan sound?

My current mods are in sig. I'm looking to break into the 12's. Last time at the track (2 years ago) I ran 13.3 @ 105 with same mods minus P&P TB. Instead of adding more bolt on's I think I've decided I want to go with a converter. Something around a 3600ish stall.

Now while I'm at it shouldn't I change the rear gear at the same time? Sporting 2.73's right now and would like to jump up to 3.73's. And I'm sure I'll need a tire to make use of those two mods. The car is stored in the wintertime. I have a beater for rainy days so, although I'm sure I'll probably get caught in the rain on DR's eventually. I'd also need a tune for sure by then.

So I'm thinking that the two DR's, stall, tranny cooler, gears, and tune will run me atleast $1600 give or take. Does sound about like what I'll need to save up for all this? And is it worth it in the end or would that money be better off going towards a cam install and tune? Just want to know if I'm on the right track here or not.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:44 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think your definately on the right track...and that will definately get you into the 12's...I would do what you said first before you do a cam. Only reason being is that your gonna need a stall before you install a cam..if you want any type of driveability..So get the stuff you mentioned..see how much of a drop in ET it gets you..and if you still want more..than go with a cam.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

sounds like a great recipe for low,low 12's or maybe even a 11.99 on a great fall night!

Search this Thread