Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans shifting question

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Trans shifting question

I recently installed a yank ss4000 in my car with a stock 2.73 gear. Ran it at the track with my shift points set up as well as my rev limiter. It ran great.

I put a 3.42 gear in and the 1-2 shift it would bounce off the rev limiter 2-3 times and on the 2-3 shift it would bounce twice. I had the spedo set for the gear and now as soon as it shifts, it bounces off the limter once, same as the 2-3 shift. It's almost instantaniously.

Question is, would this be good for the trans life? The moment it bounces, it shifts so it's taking away the vehicles power and less strees on the clutches. Is this good, or would you recommend adjusting the rev limiter up 100 rpm or so it does not bounce?

I've been drinking and came up with this theory to just leave it, but your professional input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris
Old 09-27-2007, 08:35 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

With the lower gear the rate of RPM increase is much faster, What I think is happening is you have not allowed enough time between command and actual shift, For instance the comand for the shift may be given at 6200 RPM however the trans may take 500 RPM to respond since its mchanical/hydraulic so comand at 6200 rev limter set at 6500 not enough time, Either lower your shift points or raise your rev limiter should be the answer, But no do not leave it that way get it fixed.

Call 888-744-6542