Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

listen to this!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default listen to this!!

i recently installed a TCI 3000 stall converter into my 01 ss camaro and after a brief test drive it promptly died and puked its guts out effectively killing my 4l60e that had all of 28000 original miles after talking with two different trans shops in two different states that happen to be two of the best shops in the country had was told this is a common problem thought id pass it on!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:22 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Where a higher stall can hasten the demise of a well worn 4l60e its definatly not the rule. I would have to disagree with it being common particularly on a test drive. I have a suspicion theres something else at work here perhaps the converter was not properly installed and fully seated?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-11-2007, 11:34 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, one thing we see very often with DIY installs is the converter is not installed properly and the front pump is wiped out in very short order.

Another thing I can speak to from recent experience, meaning in the last 15 months or so, is the fact that I have removed more failed TCI torque converters than any other mfgr. Not a slam, not at all, just stating my own experience at my shop.

Any company can have problems with a complicated part like a converter right out of the box, sorry to see you having a cruddy experience with your new toy!

g