Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some help here

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help here

ive just destroyed my 4th stock 4l60e in my 99 stock trans am. need some suggestions on what to build to fix this problem. will i be fine if i just put some stronger bands and cluthes in a 4l60e because that what i keep breaking?
Old 10-25-2007, 05:26 AM
Banned

with the money you have spent on 4 tranny's you should have just bought 1 FLT level 4.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:32 AM
Teching In

do you have a website where i can check that out. im looking for something that will stand up to daily driving with a little bit of getting on it. i was racing alot but i live in memphis tn and they just passed a law that if you get caught racing your car gets seized so im not looking to dog my tranny anymore. ill still race from time to time when i run into turbo hondas on the street that think they are hot **** and they can beat anything on the street but besides from that im done with racing. please forgive the long drawn out reply ive been drinking jack and coke all night
Old 10-25-2007, 05:41 AM
Teching In

my transmissions have been replaced under waranty so far but now i have no waranty so im looking for my best setup with a reasonable price range because im a 20 year old college student thats broke
Old 10-25-2007, 09:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

check out performabuilts level 2, they are running a nice discount.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:24 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The simple fact is the 4L60E in stock trim is a decent unit, however it will not live up to constant WOT passes. Maybe that's an extreme comment, but you get the point.

There is no question in my mind that you need a mid level, well build performance transmission if you have been through 4 stock units. Get a mildly modified torqued converter to go with it and you will fall in love with your car all over again! Not to mention the transmission will last for a very long time.

We have a good sale on our Stage 2 and Stage 3 units...and will be extending it out for the foereseable future. Take a look at our website and give me a call, I would be happy to discuss some options with you.

g