Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

delay in shifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default delay in shifting

I've posted this on a few other forums but you guys seem really knowledgable.

My transmission seems to be lagging on the 1-2 shift. I got a small vid of it, after I turned it was WOT and at the very end, when it shifts it seems to have a delay. I'm not talking about the time it took for the tires to hook (around 5k), but riiiight after that. It does it 2-3 but I don't wanna risk getting a ticket near my house.

anyone have any ideas? The car seems to hold at like 5700 rpm for longer than my girls LS1 4L60E in comparison.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:01 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well thanks for the video! Sometimes it takes all the clues we can get in trying to help folks out here.

During a 1/2 upshift the 2/4 band is being applied... among other things that are taking place. Ordinarilly if there is a "lag" or delayed up shift it is due to a worn band, a worn drum poor accumulator piston seals, cracked accumulator piston and the list goes on. If it has some miles, ordinarilly it is a worn band.

During the 2/3 upshift most times the delayed upshift, sometimes the engine will hit the rev limiter, this is most often caused by excessive clearance in the 3/4 clutch pack.

I tell you that so you can understand what some of the potentail causes are. Now, tell us a little about your car.... How old is the tranny? How long ago was it serviced? How long has it been doing this?

g
Old 11-01-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right on G, thanks! The car only has 50k miles on it. I bought it with 48k. I don't know when it has last been serviced, if ever. I think its been doing it since I got it, I really noticed it at the track though (2 weeks ago). But I don't red line it all the time so I thought it was normal at first, maybe because the lower torque V6 engine I wasn't sure. I plan on at least dropping the pan and changing the filter and the 4-5 quarts. I dont have any connections and cant afford 80 bucks for a full flush at the moment (unless someone else has ideas). So thats the long and short of it!

edit:
if there is nothing actually wrong with the trans would it be worth it to install a corvette servo for 13 bucks?

Last edited by FiredUpZ28; 11-01-2007 at 07:05 PM.