Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 99 TA has given me its first bad problem :(.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 06:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default My 99 TA has given me its first bad problem :(.

Well guys this morning i got up early bc i had to be at work at 6:00AM. Well since today is friday i decided to drive my TA. It has the MS4, th350, 3500 stall, all valvesprings and all that good stuff. Well when i cranked it up this morning it was making no noise at all. I let it run for about 2 min before i left.

So i start heading to work taking it really easy bc of the cold weather and i was waiting for my car to warm up. I even stopped and got gas and left the car running so that was about another 3min or so.

SO i start heading back to work, as im driving i start hearing a knocking sound, and it sounded like it was coming from the front of the transmission. THe car seemed to still run fine and shift fine except there was this knocking sound. I was only about a min from work so just wanted to make it there and park the car. WHen i stopped the knocking seemed to quit and as i got to about 3k rpm it seemed to quite down a bit.

Well as i pulled into my parking lot, the car died she just shut off. It will still crank but when it cranks i can hear than knocking sound and it dies. SO i just left it where it was until i can check it out after work or somehting.

I dont think its valvetrain bc it sounded like it was coming from the front of the tranny. My thought is maybe one of the converter bolts came out or something from it getting cold and hot down here in bama??

If any of you guys have any thoughts on what this can be let me know bc im ready to carry this thing to the drag races. .. This sux bc my car has never given me a problem like this

Thanks guys.