Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solenoid Qestion

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 09:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Solenoid Qestion

would any of the Solenoids prevent the trans from going into 3-4th? I recently had the trans over hauled...but did not have the money for the tc i wanted so i put the stocker back in which had been working fine till i replaced it with a tci which caused the need for a rebuild...

while saving up some money for the tc i wanted after few weeks the stock tc began to unlock in 4th at so 50 or 60mph...since i do mostly city driving i left it in 3 rd so it was not as noticable...after another week or two...one day i lost 3-4th completely...not a bump or jerk when it shifts to 3rd...its just like its not there....
fluild is still pink and not burned...a shop told me the stock tc clutch probally was worn and slipped causing it to unlock..which then lead to the 3-4th clutchs burning....but the fluild is not burned...

do any of these Solenoids control the shift into 3-4th???...as i did not replace them with the rebuild...so they have 94k miles on them
I am not getting any codes on my diablo tuner....any help here please....
Old 11-07-2007, 09:37 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Ok the same solenoid that causes 4th is also used in 1st so if you have first its not likley the cause , I am not real clear on what your saying are you saying the trans neutrals on the 2-3 shift and you only can so 1st and 2nd If thats the case yes you probably do have a 3-4 clutch failure , However its unlikley the converter caused it as it not locking would oly cause the trans in general to over heat. They should repair the trans under warranty if this has happened as its not likley your fault. The only exception would be for instance if the converter clutch came apart and blocked the filter causing low line but since you say all is clean that not likley the case. I would pull the pan and take a look.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-07-2007, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks...your always there for the qestions...thanks for your help
Old 11-07-2007, 09:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Your always welcome

Call 888-744-6542