Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e To Th-400 ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4l60e To Th-400 ????

I am in the middle of a swap right now and i am using the TCI flexplate. My first question is has anyone used the arp flexplate bolts or do you reuse yourstock ones? my next question is regarding the drive shaft. I found a used dennys nitrous ready driveshaft that was used in a 2002 trans am and my car is a 99 camaro so will the length be the same or do I have to order one as a special fit? also where does everyone get their new trans crossmember from?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the ARP bolts are Flexplate and not Flywheel bolts use those. And put some locktite on the threads.

The driveshaft length should be correct. However, install it into the transmission and slide it back into the rear axle yoke. There should be a minimum of 7/16" of lateral movement before the driveshaft bottoms out into the transmission when pulled forward from the axle.

Several vendors here at Tech manufacture those crossmembers... try BMR, Spohn, TCI and Yank.

Hope that helps,

g
Old 11-12-2007, 07:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that really helps alot thanks. I spoke to you on the phone regarding the th-400 about a week ago. I will let you know when exactly but I will be sending out my trans next week as long as everything goes smoothly. thanks again for everything gilbert.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like the plan is coming together. Take your time and let's get it right the 1st time!
I'm looking forward to helping you take your car to the next level!

g