Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No reverse??

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No reverse??

trans will shift hard out park to reverse but then won't go anywhere all forward gears work? thoughts?(I can imagine this situation has already occured in this forum many a time but bear with me)
Old 11-22-2007, 09:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Need more information, Dos the car free rev or feel like the brake is on? Does the car goe forward in neutral ?

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-22-2007, 09:50 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does your transmission have a harsh engagement into reverse but will not move.... or is the shifter hard to move from park followed by no movement?

What transmission are we dealing with... I'll presume a 4L60E for now. How many miles are on it? What sort of life has it seen? What were you doing when you 1st noticed the symptoms.... did you just wake up one day and it was like that?

I suspect that there is a problem in the Reverse Input drum. Whether it broke a snap ring, broke a wave plate etc.... Either way. It is internal and would need to be removed and disassembled for inspection and repair.

g
Old 11-22-2007, 11:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is indeed a 4L60E about 80k and yes it feels like the brakes on and yes moves forward with neutral and yes hard to move from park to reverse and no movement (would this be a good time to invest in a built trans if i'm plannin making some power) Thanks for you time
Old 11-22-2007, 11:48 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by massconfusion
it is indeed a 4L60E about 80k and yes it feels like the brakes on and yes moves forward with neutral and yes hard to move from park to reverse and no movement (would this be a good time to invest in a built trans if i'm plannin making some power) Thanks for you time
I would say now would be the perfect time for a built one since your going to be investing in a trans anyway. The forward movemnt in neutral and the brake effect in reverse would indicate likley your forward clutch ha seized kinda melted together. Let me know if we can help, We do have a big sale on level 2 and 3 black friday today!

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-22-2007, 11:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give me a call tomorrow... I'll be in the shop.

I would be happy to discuss options with you, click on the two sales links in my sig for info regarding our current sale.

g