Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trans fluid change

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Trans fluid change

so after a search with about 60 billion results, and a hard core google hunt, i came up a tad short as to how to go about doing this. any guides from the past or someone can throw together with some rough notes on how to go about draining the trans fluid and filling it with Dex III considering that seems to be the suggested fluid.

Car is 1998 T/A A4 vert.

thanks for any help
Old 11-26-2007, 05:55 PM
On The Tree

It's a little costly but go to the dealer or transmisison shop and get it flushed. They run the old fluid out and flush in the new. I think it's about $70
to $150 depending on where you take it.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Teching In

firstly, after reading a tad, it says every 30K miles. i had the last trans flush done WAY less than that. ide say MAYBE 15-20 K no way in HELL it was 30K. and secondly, i know what machine yoru talkin about, and since i work on a military installation i actually have access to the machine just curious to see if anyone has any pointers. i know there is an inlet and outlet, but honestly i can remember past that plus i need to change out the filter and probably clean the pan.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:16 PM
11 Second Club

either go to a place that has a trans fluid changing machine ie. jiffy lube. Just drop the pan replace the gasket and filter and just keep adding fluid until you are topped off. Keep in mind to be on level ground have the trans hot and the engine running to check the fluid.