Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manual Valve Body

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manual Valve Body

Ok, so i'm trying to understand this whole manual valve body thing. I have a stock 4L60E with a 3800Vig. I know there are some manual valve body kits for the 4L60E. Now I know the manual valve body allows you to upshift manually, and the transmission will not shift unless you shift it yourself. My first question is:

1) if you dont shift it, i'm assuming it will just bounce there off the rev limiter?

There is something else that i am wondering about. I know you have to manualy upshift...

2) what about downshifting? Lets say i am cruising towards a light in 3rd gear and need to come to a stop....how would this be handled? Or lets say i am coming up towards a turn and need to downshift?

Just hoping someone can shed some light on this. Obviously I am slightly confused haha
Old 12-18-2007, 10:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Think of it as a manual trans without a clutch.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 12-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Launching!

Ok see thats what i was confused about. Because i asked the guys at FLT about this and idk, i guess i kinda confused myself lol. Because i have a 4L60E obviously, and really dont want to swap to a manual. I wanted something that i could have fun with on the street, strip, and specifically a road course. I wanted to be able to upshift and downshift manually, and have it be quick and crisp. So a manual valve body would give me just that?
Old 12-20-2007, 07:23 AM

Yea see I am confused about this as well. I want the same setup for my car. My car wont see any drag time at all, strictly road racing, however I would like to stick with my 4L60E and not swap to an M6. Just looking to see how well a MVB would work for road racing applications, how instant the shifts would be, etc...
Old 12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The shifts are instantaneous witha manual valve body. If you would like to know more feel free to call the shop and speak to myself or John.

We build these units often.
g

Quick Reply: Manual Valve Body