Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screw you, Precision Industries!

Old 12-22-2007, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screw you, Precision Industries!

I'm a little upset right now. I just bought a brand new Vig 3600 stall from a sponsor and hadn't even opened the box. Brought it directly to the shop to have it installed. I was installed properly, started up, not even driven, and what do you know it's squeaking/squealing/whining like a badly installed rearend. My buddies at the shop didn't recommend even driving it, so it's there until I can get a replacement.

I try and do things right this time by ordering a more expensive/better converter and having it professionally installed, and so far it's just costing my time and money. I'm driving a borrowed car so I don't have the luxury of waiting for them to replace it via warranty. God knows how long that would take, so I just charged it and need to get it done ASAP. This is bullshit. Seriously.
I spend the better part of a grand for something that is essentially junk straight out of the box. What the **** is that?
Old 12-22-2007, 07:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hate to hear about your bad luck, sometimes it happens. From my experience from PI they will take care of you just give them a call I am pretty sure the sponsor will try thier best to. Just keep a calm head and relax it will all work out
Free Cooler, Free shipping always, 2 year warranty Trans/Coverter combos, No Core or Core charge, $150 LS1 core buy back, All trans Dyno Tested to Be sure it works when you get it.Customer videos, Tech Thread, Open 7 Days a Week! Call or http://opi.yahoo.com/online?u=performabuilt&m=g&t=2Click Banner for Website.
Not Just Built.....PerformaBuilt!

Old 12-22-2007, 07:47 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I personally have never heard one of those converters squeal as you have stated. Trust me when I say that I have had plenty of them on FLT's Transmission Dyno. Is it possible that you have a pump bushing that has spun due to the installation or had been damaged by the previous converter? I guess what I'm saying is don't pass judgement until we know for sure as to why or what is making noise and also what or who caused it. No offence but this might not even be their fault. I'm not sure as to who sold you the converter but I would get in contact with Terry at PI and also who sold it to you to see what they have to say. I understand your frustration but lets get the fact's straight and go from there. The people over at PI are one of the most straight up vender's I have ever done business with. If it is their problem they will tell you like it is. Take this post for what it is and keep in mind, who's ever fault it is, we are all human. Vince
Old 12-22-2007, 08:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks to hear there is a problem, but I'm closing this until the resolution is known. If the sponsor is working with PI to get a replacement out to you promptly (or as best as can be expected at Xmas when many people are off work), that's not unreasonable.

PM me when there is an update and I'll reopen it.

Search this Thread