Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous on 460le

Old 12-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question nitrous on 4l60e

hi guys,i'm reading that spraying through the shifts is not recommened.my b4c camaro has 290 rwhp running 12.82 at 105 with a 3400 stall and mt radials.going to be spreying a 100 shot soon,which i will be 390rwhp maybe.i'll be running a nitrous delay to spray after the car gets moving. is the 4l60e that weak that i cannot spray through the shifts with that little horsepower?your comments are really appreciated on this matter.thanks

Last edited by b4c346; 12-24-2007 at 01:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-24-2007, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

u can spray through shifts but i wouldnt recommend it. i think sprayin through shifts is one reason my tranny is about to take a ****. over time the wear and tear will catch up to you.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

I wouldnt spray through the shifts. i sprayed my b4c through the shifts and the tranny took a ****. being that your car is a b4c it probly has alot of miles on it which isnt a bad thing but the tranny is probly weak. if u want it to last than i woulnt but if u plan on a rebuild soon than do it
Old 12-24-2007, 05:29 PM
11 Second Club

I have sprayed my 02 SS conv, 150HP wet NX, for a few summers and probably a little over 9500 miles testing my trans. I've always shifted through the gears 1rst-3rd. OD is for mileage not for 1/4 mile in my opinion. Getting to get one to live on the street and track whenever we want is a reality if we're realistic with ourselves. I have a list of parts that I'm trying for a dependable 4L60 series including 700's. I run 7.0's @ 101.89, over 4000lbs w/driver w/NX. This is leaning on the trans. Over the years I've put together combo between shift kit and tuning. The trans has to be set up right, close parts inspection, tolerances of parts and clutches, quality of parts, etc... I'm using a Vigilante 3800 and have 1.5-1.6 60's. It's more than just letting someone slap one together because he's built for years. Go to a pro. These tranny's aren't cheap and get a good converter and cooler. Think about braided lines. They don't leak and can go on and off without leaking. It looks good, too. My point is, these tranny's are great! So far I'm in the 600HP+ range w/NX. I'm stroking the motor to 382" with good internals: Diamond Pistons, Callies Compstar crank and rods. Same top end. Should be mid 500HP on motor. I was advised stay bellow 800HP w/NX, 500HP capable. The block can crack so I'll try to dial in around a consistant 750HP range w/NX. I go to the track about 10-12 times a summer, and I have fun on the street. Real world conditions. I will keep posting on how this trans can hold up to both this summer. I believe we can build a trans with good dependable parts for a reasonal price. I mentioned those motor parts earlier, price those in any magazine and then come to me and complain about the price for a good trans. That Vigilante was almost 900.00 to the door. Anyway, the more power you put to the trans, the more the trans needs to be equalled in strength in relation to the motor. And if you don't have enough money for a good diff, get a driveshaft loop. This should protect the trans from cracking when the driveshaft breaks. I saw some good companies on this site. Maybe one is close to you. We are in Michigan. Good luck, Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Launching!

thanks guys.hey b4ckid ,what are you running with the 100 shot 1/4 mile time?also i bought the car with 52000 miles due to it belonged to a undercover detective and not used as a interceptor.when i got the converter in the tranny shop said the fluid was clean and the tranny was in good shape.i was gonna spray it a couple of times just to see if i dip into the 11''s at the track.then save up and get it built later.

Search this Thread