Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tranny or stall problems? Maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny or stall problems? Maybe?

Opinions guys! I have the car in sig and i had an issue on the way to school last night! I turned onto a highway and an ses light kicked on with the vehicle. When i came to a stop at the next red light the car seemed fine. However, when i went to take off it took a lot of gas to get it moving around 2500 to 3000 rpms. Understand i have a 3000 stall but it has never taken this much gas to get it to go! Also, at any speed above 50 the vehicle seemed to be riding very rough. Once i got to school i called a tow truck and got it towed to a friends shop. Later when i went to move it the vehicle seemed to move fine without needing excessive throttle. Does it sound like my stall or transmission is acting up or could this be related to the rear end or another culprit. Sorry so long just wanted to try to describe it as clearly as possible!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm sounds like a stall issue to me.. Have you checked your fluid lately? If not, do that..
Old 01-29-2008, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Sounds like you set limp mode and will find the answer with a scanner of the codes, Have the car scanned and let us know what the code number is and we can likley guide you in the right dorection

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-29-2008, 11:46 AM
Launching!

Car is in the tranny shop right now! He said that everything is checking out okay and the next step is he is going to look into the rear end! Fluid was good however i check it on a regular basis, and as far as the ses light i will have that scanned as soon as he is done working on the car!
Old 01-29-2008, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

when you get the car back and it does it again, manually downshift it into 3, then 2, and see if that's the problem. Mine would sometimes not downshift and I found out I had a sticking solenoid. Did you get it scanned yet to see why the ses light came on. P0757?
Old 01-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 70LS1Nova
when you get the car back and it does it again, manually downshift it into 3, then 2, and see if that's the problem. Mine would sometimes not downshift and I found out I had a sticking solenoid. Did you get it scanned yet to see why the ses light came on. P0757?
Great info man! The ses light actually came up as a shift solenoid so he replaced it and its running fine now! He said he beleives it was taking off in second, is why it was so hard to get going and it was holding in third and not going to overdrive! He drove it after i got it towed and it worked fine but that ses code was my lifesaver he was starting to think it might be the converter balloning! Thanks for the info guys.