Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

code po700 transmission control system malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 09:42 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default code po700 transmission control system malfunction

Hey guys I'm having tranny problems in my 1996 Tahoe and I figured u all could help me with it since it also has a 4l60e..well first time it happened is when I was pulling my atv on my 5x10 trailor and I went to get on the highway stepped into it and it was like I just put into neutral nothing was there until I eased off the gas and u could feel it grab well I was barely able get to 40 and It was not wanting to shift not kool when u have a big rig on ur *** and u can't do anything until I got off the next exit..well the light came on so I had it checked today and it says code po700 transmission control system malfunction...does anybody know what could be wrong? Sorry so long! Thanks
Old 02-29-2008, 09:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Well I am not sure on a 96 but in the GTO PO700 simply is telling you theres a code stored in the TCM which is separate from the PCM I will research it more and post more

Call 888-744-6542

Old 02-29-2008, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That code in every refrence I have available which is most of them is a Trans Control system Malfucntion. Basically it is saying there is a problem with the transmission controller. However on a 1996 tahoe the controller is intragal to the pcm however it is on a seperate board inside the case. I would say to look at the PCM cases and see if it has split in half at the seem. Very common problem with that pcm in Vans.

Quick Reply: code po700 transmission control system malfunction