Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

typical shift kit and install prices?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default typical shift kit and install prices?

I have been looking into a shift kit for a few weeks now, and I called a local shop here that is supposed to specialize in late model trannys. I inquired about the TransGo setup with synthetic fluid, and he told me that they don't use off the shelf stuff, but rather I should tell him what I want the car to do , drop it off, and he'll have it done at the end of the day.

He said if I wanted to have it shift harder and quicker, with 3 hours of labor, filter, gaskets, the mystery shift kit parts and synthetic fluid, it would be around $500.

Is this crazy or about in line? It just seemed a little high....I mean, I had Moser axles, an Auburn Pro differential, Moser girdle and Richmond gears put in my Turbo Buick last year and it only ran me $960 parts and labor included!
Old 04-11-2008, 10:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ummmm... that dude is crazy as hell.. do not ever call or talk to him again unless you wanna get RAPED!
You can get a good shift kit starting at like $60... I have a Superior and it works fine... a lot go with the Transgo HD-2, but its a little more involved to install and little more $.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:31 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For a good shift kit, servos and boost valve. Labor, parts and fluid. $500 sounds right to me.