Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2-3 bind with HD2-C

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 06:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2-3 bind with HD2-C

I fitted the Transgo HD2 kit 6 months ago and it's great but lately I have noticed a slight bind(???) on the 2-3 at mid throttle. It's very occasional and the trans feels like all is well but this can't be good for it.

The kit has billet servos and accumulators if that affects it?

Any ideas as to what part of the shift kit mods controls the 2-3 release? I might have gone too big on the 2-3 feed hole on the seprator plate is all I can think of.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The 2-3 release happens when the 3rd clutch oil is feed in behind the 2nd servo the pressure with the help of the return spring overcomes the 2nd clutch oil and releases the band. Several things could cause this pressure to not be high enough. The encapsulated check valve in the case could have something in it preventing it from seating The return spring between the case and the billet servo could be collapsed or broken with the billet servos its particularly important to help overcome the 2nd clutch apply oil, The VB gasket could have covered the servo release feed hole. If its been working fine a while I doubt that the issue is with the feed hole size.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-17-2008, 03:57 AM
PBA
TECH Resident

Received 75 Likes on 47 Posts

Describe what you mean by a bind? Do you get the sensation of having your body go forward when this happens?
Old 05-17-2008, 04:47 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by performabuilt
The 2-3 release happens when the 3rd clutch oil is feed in behind the 2nd servo the pressure with the help of the return spring overcomes the 2nd clutch oil and releases the band. Several things could cause this pressure to not be high enough. The encapsulated check valve in the case could have something in it preventing it from seating The return spring between the case and the billet servo could be collapsed or broken with the billet servos its particularly important to help overcome the 2nd clutch apply oil, The VB gasket could have covered the servo release feed hole. If its been working fine a while I doubt that the issue is with the feed hole size.
I used the Fairbanks 1-2 and Intermediate servos and from memory there is only the one spring on the shaft. The servo return spring?? So that may be broken?

The check valve you mentioned, is that the plastic thing I have heard of or something else?
Old 05-17-2008, 04:55 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by PBA
Describe what you mean by a bind? Do you get the sensation of having your body go forward when this happens?
Yeah, just ever so slightly. Like I just scuffed the brake pedal for a split second.

Its not free play because the revs are constant when it happened. Only twice so far.