Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recalibrate my shift points?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 08:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Recalibrate my shift points?

Well I have posted several times on this forum about the transmission that I had rebuilt. First question is did I pay too much? I paid $2,300.00 for them to rebuild the transmission cause 3rd and 4th clutch seized up! After the first time I took it to them, i had to take it back 2 days later for the same thing!! they said it needed a shift kit......so they installed a shift kit.......now it shift fine around town but if i take it to the track to do quarter mile runs third gear at WOT bounces off the rev limiter and won't shift unless i get out of the throttle and get back into it again!!! They insist that i need to have the shift points recalibrated.......but what would replacing the trans with stock parts and a shift kit have to do with my computer.......the last time i talked to the mech, he said he would ask around and give me a call back that was a month ago!!! And now I am fed up!!! I have contacted the Better Business Bureau, because they still haven't fixed the underlying problem. Does my computer need to be recalibrated for some reason???? sorry for the long post someone please help me!!!

Last edited by clg82; 06-03-2008 at 11:33 PM.