Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1-2 shift delay in FMVB 80e

Old 06-05-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1-2 shift delay in FMVB 80e

Hey there, I have been experiencing an annoying issue that has been giving me some concern. Very rarely-probably once every 2 weeks-there is a delay in the 1-2 upshift in my FMVB 4L80e. I will upshift it and it will stay in 1st and not go to 2nd, however, if I shift it up further to 3rd it will shift to 3rd, then, it will downshift to 2nd gear. This is most noticeable under light throttle applications, of which I rarely actually go to 1st gear. However, it still concerns me and I was wondering what could be wrong? The problem will go away completely after the car is off for a bit while I'm inside and then leave again. It does not happen very often either. This is only in the 1-2 upshift and does not occur between any other gears. It will downshift from 3rd to 2nd gear if I shift from 1st to 3rd as well. Here are some details of the trans
4L80e w/ Transgo FMVB kit
Built with new OD planet, center support, rear ring gear, upgraded front and rear bands, upgraded sprag, HD kit replacement of hard parts, 3500 stall, trans cooler, factory shifter.

The trans is warrantied so if it is busted again (this would be the 3rd 4L80e I killed) it can be replaced, but I am hoping it is not the entire transmission. Any advice or info you can give me would be appreciated!
Old 06-08-2008, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You've busted 3 4L80E's? What all has happened to them? Let me take a guess at who's building them?
Old 06-11-2008, 09:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through 6 of his trannies before I went to someone else.

Search this Thread