Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuddle

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 11:42 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuddle

Anyone have any experience with them? I'm looking into ordering a 3600 stall from them. I recall them being a very reputable brand and their prices seem pretty killer.

Also, I read the stickies on converters. But I still don't fully understand the lockup function of a stall. I know that if it locks up, the ratio is 1:1 and no torque is mulitiplied. On my stock stall, I know it locks up at 50 mph in 4th gear. When would it ever be suitable for it to lock up at WOT? Why would you want it to not mulitiply torque? I could only see this suitable at highway cruising speeds. How would I program the PCM on my 93 to lockup? Would I just get it programmed to lock up at the same conditions as stock (ie at 50 mph in OD)?

Thanks for the help
Old 06-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Crows93Z
Anyone have any experience with them?

Thanks for the help
First look in the sponsor feedback forum, then do an advance search using fuddle as the keyword.

After that you're not even going to consider buying one from them.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ah, I wasn't even aware that forum existed...

I read some of the crap, and yes, it seems like they might have some customer service issues. But it seems like the converter quality is actually pretty good... that's the only reason I'd buy one. I'm going to contact them thoroughly before I even order and what not. I'm trying to get more of a basis of how their converters perform on street or track. Reliability? Quality?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 3400 fuddle. But due to some a mix up I have a 3200 vig. right now. its good but it doesnt hit like my old fuddle. I will go back to a fuddle later on.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned

Heres from the sticky on top of this forum. https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic-transmission/862534-torque-converter-education.html

The first converter is what a fuddle starts out as. Fuddle and TCI use the same lock up clutch as far as I know.

Don't take offense to this but if you buy a fuddle you're an idiot.
Read until you find out how many people have no trouble contacing the guy to place an order and get information, then when a problem comes up cannot get ahold of anyone.
Personally it makes me sick to read what this guy does to people who have his converters (I'm not even calling them customers).
He comes back with a million excuses and trys to put the blame on the person who bought his ****. Hell he even put the blame on the shipping companies ALL THE TIME.

Now do you see posts like this about Yank, Precision Industries, Circle D? NO.

I'm in no way related to any sponsor here.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:00 PM
On The Tree

Glad I checked Fuddle threads before buying one!