Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock Servo Removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008 | 09:03 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Default Stock Servo Removal

Well I bought a vette Servo the other day and when it came in I went under my truck to see if the stock servo would come out and I tried to turn it pry it up with a flat head and all I did was scratch metal does anyone know how to pull one of these babies off cause I spent all day trying to figure it out???
Old 07-08-2008 | 09:04 PM
14 Second Truck Club

The Trans I have is just the stock 4L60E piece of **** lol
Old 07-09-2008 | 01:09 AM
Launching!

did you remove the ring that holds the servo in? You need to pop that ring out then pry the servo out. Be sure to get the ring properly seated when you re-install the servo.
Old 07-09-2008 | 06:41 AM
On The Tree

Lever against the servo cover to push it in then use one of the 3 gaps on the housing to get at the snap ring with a small tipped screwdriver the it will slide out. It will probably get stuck when the blue o ring comes out, jus pick the o ring with a fine hook and cut it. Once that is out the rest will slide out.

I would be worried about being able to put it back in more than getting it out. You will need new o rings more than likely.
Old 07-09-2008 | 10:02 AM
Teching In

Press in on the servo with the handle side of a hammer and then pop the retaining ring out with a screw driver. Cut the blue o-ring and the servo should just pull out. You should be replacing all the o-rings when you take the servo out, don't even bother trying to reuse them. Make sure you have it seated when you put it back in. You'll know if you did it right the first time you take it out for a drive and shift to second gear...
Old 07-09-2008 | 02:27 PM
14 Second Truck Club

wow thanks for the replys im gonna give that a try i never thought to push on it lol and yes I did get all new O rings with my vette servo.
When im installing the vette servo do i just push it right in the way it came out???
Old 07-11-2008 | 07:52 AM
On The Tree

Make sure the servo bore is spotless then give it some Vas or trans assembly gel. The servo will get stuck at the point where the 3-4 servo goes in. You have to force it in but if there isn't enough lube or the angle is off the o ring will be damaged. Damaged o ring= redo the job.