Sponsored by:

-95 4L60E electronics with -00 Ls1 engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default -95 4L60E electronics with -00 Ls1 engine

Hi

Just got me an engine from a -00 camaro Ls1 (to put in my Camaro -67)
With a 4L60E tranny (tranny stated to be 1995, it got non changeable bellhouse )
The owner said it would fit and work fine

Iīm new on this engines and trans so i didnīt tought that there were diffrent types of the 4L60E tranny untill now

As for the fitting I donīt seem the big problem there, I can use the bolts that fits and maybe mod the bellhouse for the upper bolt if itīs nesessary and get a crankshaft spacer to fit the the flexplate and TC.

So my big concerns are the electronics, will the 95 gearbox work with my Ls1 PCM?
The Ls1 are from a manual car so I will have to mod the harness or get a custom one and also reprogram och change the PCM.

I have search and all I have found is there some info that the solenoids can be different in the 95 4L60E?

I havenīt found any exploded parts view of the 95 and 00 tranny for comparsion of the spareparts.

Standalone TCUīs seems to work on all models so wouldnīt the stock PCM??

And if thereīs just different solenoids can i put in the right oneīs and get it to work then?
acording to this link they seem the same http://www.bulkpart.com/Merchant2/me...ct_Code=74420K

Sorry for all the questions but I would really like to know why it wonīt work if thatīs the case.

Hope some one here can help me cause i donīt seem to get any anserws on th others LS forums

//Mattias
Sweden
Old 07-21-2008, 06:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

no it wont work. your better off selling it and finding a ls1 trans. and yes you will need a harness for a auto trans and reprogram the computer for it also
Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 AM
Teching In

what is the different that wonīt make it work?

Are there differens in the solenoids or are there more or less solenoids?
Old 08-04-2008, 05:20 AM
Teching In

Anyone who knows the differens from the 95 <-> 00 electonics in the 4l60e?

As for the wiring and fitting I can fix that if I just knows that the gearbox will work.

//Mattias
Old 08-04-2008, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 264 Likes on 202 Posts

The Solenoids are the same, it's just the way the Fluid goes in the Valve Body. That and the Imput Shaft lengths are different for the LT1 to LSX Transmissions.

You are better off getting a LSX Transmisson..I say LSX cause a Car and Truck 4L60E will work..that is what I did when I did my swap. The reason you are better off is cause the Electronics will work, and it will bolt right up with any LSX Stall.

Quick Reply: -95 4L60E electronics with -00 Ls1 engine